2011 seadoo speedster- foam sound damping falling apart. Is this happening to your boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungoverracer

So last week I decided to clean up the engine bay and decided I needed to get the black moldy looking grime out of there. As I hand washed to bottom of the engine bay I bumped the black sound damping material which disintegrated. It literally turned to black dusty material. I looked at several OEM Seadoo boat part stores and they do not offer that part. Not a problem I thought I’ll just get 3M sticky mat / sound damping material used in car audio (see below web address if interested). Anyhow after removing the rest of it, the only thing left where it was stuck on, is the actual adhesive material which is becoming a B!tch to remove. Anyone have any solutions to this issue or thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/Noico-deaden...on+mat&qid=1594903895&sprefix=3m+sound&sr=8-6

Try isopropyl alcohol (70% or higher) and a razor blade for removing the residue left behind on the covers.
If you can’t find IPA due to the shortage and use in hand sanitizer, deodorized mineral spirts, kerosene, Goo Gone (any cleaner with d-limonene, the citrus terpene) should work. The IPA is good though because it evaporates much more quickly and doesn’t leave behind any residue.

This is happening to mine as well. The engine compartment is slowly turning black. I may tackle it this fall but for now I will just keep cleaning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back