2011 Seadoo GTX Limited iS 260 Sank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gritman

I have a 2011 GTX iS260 with 125 hours, 30 of them are mine. I had it out last weekend at our place in northern Wisconsin and was runnin wide open when something in the jet popped and I could barely get to shore. I pulled it back to the our dock and upon pullin the back up on some timbers we have in the water, I found the rubber seal and a bunch of wear ring shavings in the pump. I should have put it right on the trailer but instead tied it to the dock and went out on the pontoon boat. I woke up Sunday morning to it sunk next to the dock. It filled the entire hull and motor with water. I got home Monday and sucked about 2 quarts of water from the oil, took a shop vac and sucked water out of the exhaust, intake, intercooler, pulled the plugs and turned it over then sprayed WD40 in the plug holes. I am very mechanically inclined and work on everything I own, but I just don't know what I should do to make sure it doesn't blow up after I fix the jet pump. I don't know if I should pull the motor so I can open it up and check everything. Any help in what direction I should go would be greatly appreciated.

Take the air intake off, will be full of water too. There is a specific procedure to do it, just download the manual if you don't have. (need to be member for that but cheap imo)

For sure get a service manual, and don’t try to start or crank the motor before you follow the procedures in the manual to void all water from the complete exhaust and intake systems.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. That was gonna be my next step, gettin a repair manual. I didn’t know the shop manual had a procedure for it, sounds like these situations happen enough to put it in there. I will be upgrading to premium this morning. Thanks again.

I would like to see if I can get anyone’s thoughts on an impeller. So I have been working on the pump now. Apparently the dealership that must have serviced the nose cone grease left out one of the mounting bolt where it attaches to the ride plate, also had one of the hose clamps not in place or tight where it attaches to the pump. It completely destroyed the pump. It broke all of the mounting tabs that had bolts in it, destroyed the lip where the rubber seal sits, stripped the thread on the impeller and impeller shaft destroyed the wear ring. I am looking at a WSM pump that has a new wear ring, bearings and impeller shaft which is way cheaper than getting all factory parts. Would it be worth buying an aftermarket Solas impeller or getting a stock one? I believe these Skis are gps speed limited so I’m not sure if I will gain any mph out of it but the description also says better mid range. Thanks in advance for any input on the subject. Also any thoughts on rerouting the exhaust outlet while in in there.E31FA5B4-CD7D-4869-AA15-09B27DE8266E.jpeg

What a mess.....sorry for your pain. Is it possible you sucked something hard through the pump and it self destructed?

Anyway...the ski probably sank because the vinyl tubes for the siphons and or bilge drain were destroyed....I almost sank my 2017 Spark because water leaked into the hull past the vinyl tubes AND/OR I would very carefully check the hull for any cracks, etc....your pump took a mean hit to break those tabs off so check everything very carefully obviously.....good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back