2011 challenger 230 se SC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzyjohn03

Just bought a 2011 challenger 230 se with 75 hours. The super chargers have never been rebuilt. Owner says he’s never had a problem and has taken great care of it. Should we replace them before we use it or do it this winter?

You are way past being on borrowed time with those SC's and if they go there goes your engine. PWC Muscle offers a quick rebuild service on them.

Go look up my previous posts. I bought a 2011 speedster last year with 55 hours in it. I even removed the SC to inspect and it looked and operated great.

10 hours later the plastic race in the bearing disintegrated and the SC failed.

Luckily it did not touchdown (compressor wheel contact with the housing). Also, the plastic parts were contained in the SC.

I learned a valuable lesson. Time makes the plastic brittle.

Don't gamble, get them rebuilt and then enjoy your ride.

Okay so we just got the boat in the water for a small test and everything seemed alright until I went to put on the throttle. It wouldn’t accelerate and seemed to bog down it also wouldn’t let me put it in ski mode or cruise mode. Immediately took it out and am calling mechanics tomorrow but I’m just curious if any of you guys are familiar with this problem.

Okay so we just got the boat in the water for a small test and everything seemed alright until I went to put on the throttle. It wouldn’t accelerate and seemed to bog down it also wouldn’t let me put it in ski mode or cruise mode. Immediately took it out and am calling mechanics tomorrow but I’m just curious if any of you guys are familiar with this problem.
It also sounded fine until I put on the throttle and it had a vibration and really struggled. No check engine light or anything like that..

Something stuck in impeller? I had vibrations and couldn’t really accelerate when a piece of wood got lodged in the impeller.

congrats on the new boat! You’ll love it. Have a 230 and it’s been a blast. Definitely have the superchargers rebuilt ASAP, I had to replace an engine from taking the previous owners word on the supercharger.

For the bogging down, sounds like something is stuck in the impeller or bad cavitation. Did the boat shake when you tried to accelerate or did the engine rpms go up at all without gaining speed etc? Often times something extremely small can wedge and stick the impeller. The little debris in the picture below made the whole boat rattle.

Image1619378901.314165.jpg

Thanks so much for the input from everyone! We’ve decided to bite the bullet and to get a full service and rebuilt superchargers. Pumped

First time out for the year, my guess is your problem is one of your spark plugs. Replace them all every spring for hassle free days on the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back