2010 Speedster Fuel gauge reads full with a half tank of fuel or more

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordo

Seems that the float in the tank is still at a high level with a half tank of fuel , once I go below 1/2 a tank then the gauge starts reading less than full. Anyone else have this poor calibration of the fuel gauge reading to actual level of fuel in the tank. Seems like just a poor design by BRP whereby the float only starts dropping with less than half a tank.

I think every Sea Doo I have owned has had this guage reading issue both PWCs and Boat. Really not a big deal for me just something to be aware of.

Thanks gb387. Anybody else experience the same fuel gauge behavior. Is this "common" knowledge that I just didn't know ?

Same here. It’s full until half & then it bounces around. I think it has to do with how the gas sloshes around the tank maybe?

Same issue on my SP. Just have to remember how much time I have on the tank and plan my fuel trip accordingly. With the beep warning at 1/4 tank, it is annoying - so my first reminder is when the gauges (analog and digital) drop below half-tank. Then I have a few hours of run time left to get fuel before the beeps drive me nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back