2010 seadoo Rxt260rs ski instrument cluster speedo display readind incorrectly

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

jcadyno

Hi guys , seadoo 260 dash instrument cluster speedo reads incorrectly, the anolog gauge to the left reads correctly but the digital display in the centre reads at least 20-30kms higher? (I am located in Australia) , any ideas where to look for faults , does this model have issues with the cluster itself?

How do you know the analog gauge is reading correctly? According to the manual, the gauge incorporates a GPS for compass, altitude, and speedometer. I would suspect the digital gauge would be more accurate (no moving parts).

Hi, I know this ski Max's out at around 110km 8500rpm which I've did prior to the cluster developing this issues so now the anolog speedo still shows the same speed etc for that rpm, but the digital display shows anywhere beween like 140-150kms which I know this ski is definitely not capable of

Maybe it's because you're riding upside down ;-). Seriously, you've got a weird problem that's probably within the cluster itself. Both the analog and digital gauges should be reading the same GPS signal for speed.

Hi yes it's weird but that's what it's doing , I'm thinking it is a fault in the cluster , I'm hoping someone else has experience this issue and had it repaired

Good luck in getting that fixed. I take it you're riding in salt water most if not all the time. Are you using salt away or a similar product on the inside of the hull when you're finished riding? Corrosion plays havoc on Sea-Doo electrical connections.

They are both digital displays originating from the GPS, the numerical display in the middle has three different speeds, watercraft, max, and average which all three are individually selectable by the operator. Make sure your not reading average speed.

Back