2009 GTI SE 155 Voltage Regulator/Rectifier

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt4life

I have a 2009 Seadoo GTI SE 155 whose voltage regulator/ rectifier appears to have gone bad. Battery checks out fine. After charging the battery, the jet ski starts fine and runs fine, but each successive start gets harder and harder until the ski will not start. Checked voltage from stator (yellow wire harness side of voltage regulator) and got 35v at idle and 82v on rev up. Pulled plug from red and black wire side of the voltage regulator and got 0 v DC. Have found "after market" voltage regulator/ rectifiers on eBay for $45. Dealer and parts store associated with this forum both want $155. SBT wants $105. Are after market voltage regulator/ rectifiers OK? If not, how about SBT brand? Is it worth tripling the cost to get OEM part from dealer or parts store associated with this forum? Thank you.

JMHO
In the nine plus years I have been on this forum I can't think of anyone who has had any luck with aftermarket rectifiers. Cheaper in the long run to buy OEM.

I had the same issue with mine but replacing the rectifier didn't fix it. It turned out to be the starter going bad. That might not be your problem but it's worth checking out before replacing the rectifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back