2008 sea doo Gti 155 se stalls on acceleration

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryT

2008 sea doo GTI 155 SE will run rough and stall if accelerated too quickly. If you accelerate from 0 to WOT in less than about 1 second the engine will run rough and stall. Conversely, when the throttle is eased to WOT in more than a second it seems to run fine. Have replaced fuel, both fuel filters, spark plugs. Don’t know where to go next, except to tell the riders to count one thousand one as they are accelerating. Any Ideas.

I just searched because of a similar issue with a 2018 spark. I don't know what the "Wear ring" is but it seems like that or the pump may be damaged from sucking something up. I accelerate very slowly and it only goes about 35mph and then it will drop down to almost zero, I have to accelerate verrrrry slowly for it to work. Maybe mine is the gas, but I don't know. Does anyone know how to replace the wear ring if it's spinning?

2008 sea doo GTI 155 SE will run rough and stall if accelerated too quickly. If you accelerate from 0 to WOT in less than about 1 second the engine will run rough and stall. Conversely, when the throttle is eased to WOT in more than a second it seems to run fine. Have replaced fuel, both fuel filters, spark plugs. Don’t know where to go next, except to tell the riders to count one thousand one as they are accelerating. Any Ideas.

You could try new ignition coils...

Did I do something wrong "spook?"

I apologize if I came across as "rough", but a quick google search will tell you what a wear ring is. I try to encourage people to do their own research, especially for simple things.

Typical symptoms of a bad wear ring (and/or damaged impeller) is poor acceleration, but, (and this is the important part) the engine still runs fine. It's like your car on ice. You press the gas, the engine revs as usual, but you're spinning your tires.

I actually did look up the "wear ring" thing but I still don't completely understand where it is and was trying to be helpful to the gentlemen who asked the question. Thank you for your feedback tho. Is it dangerous or will it further damage it if its used until I can bring it in? It sounds like that's the problem from what I have read and I did have a tow rope wrapped in it about 2 weeks ago.

Generally, riding with a bad wear ring or damaged impeller won't cause any additional damage IF there is no debris still in there. It'll just accelerate poorly and not reach top speed.

But, if you ran it with the tow rope entangled, that can cause so much stress on the drive shaft that it can damage the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back