2008 Islandia Winterizing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MO_Joe

I was wondering if anyone had the proper steps and procedures to winterize a 2008 Islandia with twin Rotax engines. The service completed by the dealerships the last couple years has been very expensive and has left me questioning their worth and value. The last dealership didn't even open the engine hatch. Any advice and direction would be much appreciated.

I change the oil/filter and pump rv antifreeze through the flush port with the engine running until it is straight antifreeze coming out the exhaust. Usually around 4 jugs of antifreeze for both engines. I’m guessing you have a sink on the islandia you will want to make sure you run antifreeze through the water lines/ drains

I change the oil/filter and pump rv antifreeze through the flush port with the engine running until it is straight antifreeze coming out the exhaust. Usually around 4 jugs of antifreeze
Oh my, so many more questions! So when you "pump" antifreeze, is this with the engine running and it pulls the fluid through? Also, when you change the oil, where does it drain? I have been thinking about performing this on my own too, but not sure of that process either. Thank you in advance, Newb

You will need to pump the antifreeze in, I use a Submersible pump in a bucket and I dump the antifreeze in the bucket....As for the oil change you will need to buy a oil extractor pump they come in a hand operated or electric. You suck the oil out through the dip stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back