2008 GTI Se 155 Suddenly No Spark No Fuel Injector Action

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy685

My 2008 GTI seemed like it was taking a bit to start... so I bought a new gel cell battery, threw her on the ski, and got her started. Great! Ran well for a few hours. Put her away for the weekend, and came back to find the ski suddenly won't start up. She turns over, but suddenly I notice there is no spark, and the fuel injectors aren't firing. I notice they are connected to the same wiring grouping, so I have to think this might be connected.

It bears mentioning I recently changed out the steering wiring harness as my DESS post went bad. I did that a few weekends before the new battery. I've taken off the grounds on the front and the ground on the side and brushed them down with a brass brush, and put them back. Still nada. Wiring harness potentially bad? Or something more sinister?

It also has a long beep when i first put in ski. Google shows me this means potentially a bad DESS connection or maybe bad wiring harness?

shit. How would i test this? I thought i just replaced it and it was running! Is it possible something is bad and blowing Dess cables?

What is your voltage at rest and while cranking? Is it cranking at normal speed? Have you changed your plugs? Checked fuses? Is your gauge working properly when key is put on? Any codes? Tried giving it a little bit of throttle while cranking?

Does it always do the long beep when you put the key on quickly and firmly? Long beep does not mean bad wiring harness, usually means low voltage, bad lanyard connection, or wrong key. DESS cables don't blow like fuses, they are just a pair of switches that either work or they don't so most likely not related.

All 3 coils shorted to ground. Seen it a few times and each time it was the ECU that needed replaced.

All 3 coils shorted to ground. Seen it a few times and each time it was the ECU that needed replaced.

Sadly appears different problem! Same issue popped up when i bought a working ECU and married to Gauges

I’m gonna replace the wiring harness next. This ski will NOT beat me!!

Swapped out wiring harness from engine. Just the small one with injector and coil hookups etc.

Still same problem :-(. Shit.

Not sure where to go from here. Have to swap all grounds with new cables, not sure where else to go now to be honest.

I’ve gone through new ECU. I’ve gone through new wiring harness on engine. Front harness maybe?

Swapped out wiring harness from engine. Just the small one with injector and coil hookups etc.

Still same problem :-(. Shit.

Not sure where to go from here. Have to swap all grounds with new cables, not sure where else to go now to be honest.

I’ve gone through new ECU. I’ve gone through new wiring harness on engine. Front harness maybe?
Following - unfortunately I'm having this same exact issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back