2007 Sea Doo Speedster 200 Surfing?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverRock12

Just picked up an 07 Sea Doo Speedster 200. 430hp. Motor and Superchargers all good. Only 150hrs.

Curious what everyone's experiences are pulling wake boarders, skiers and even surfing behind this boat? Non wake edition so would require ballast tanks. Open to all suggestions. Thx.

Just picked up an 07 Sea Doo Speedster 200. 430hp. Motor and Superchargers all good. Only 150hrs.

Curious what everyone's experiences are pulling wake boarders, skiers and even surfing behind this boat? Non wake edition so would require ballast tanks. Open to all suggestions. Thx.
Mate I've got the same boat .. you will pull a house with 430hp !

I'm curious as to how board sports would be behind this boat. I have the much smaller 14.5' version, and I found that it makes pretty rough water with the jet. It's smoother the further back you go, but if you're trying to surf, you have to be right up on it. I think those giant wake board boats have special plows they deploy for surfing. Not sure that's even possible as you have jets, but I also am not sure how and where those things mount up. Wake boarding should be pretty good though, as you can get far back enough to ride the smoother water. Also, this beast should put out a decent wave.

Another issue I have with my boat is it's hard to dial in the correct speed. 18mph is about the right speed for wake boarding, but at that speed, my boat starts to get on plane. One on plane, it quickly gets too fast, and if you slow it back down, it falls back in the water, where it goes too slow. Took my wife and I a while to get good at controlling it to stay at that sweet spot.

As for pulling, man, the amount of thrust you have, you can pull another speedster and get it up on plane.

I've seen some people have luck with wedges and wake shapers. You may need to add some ballast bags to help with the weight needed to get a good wave going.

We surf behind mine (310 Speedster 200 but same hull) but cant go ropeless. I made a suction cup wedge but didn’t seem to help a ton. I haven’t played with ballast much. I can get the rope pretty slack but cant seem to get enough wave to push and I am not sure any amount of ballast will change that.

We surf behind mine (310 Speedster 200 but same hull) but cant go ropeless. I made a suction cup wedge but didn’t seem to help a ton. I haven’t played with ballast much. I can get the rope pretty slack but cant seem to get enough wave to push and I am not sure any amount of ballast will change that.
Setting that hull deeper with 600# ballast might help. I'm gonna try it.

I have 1200# as far back as I can go. 2 - 250 ## day sacs and one 700 I put the two 250s on the back seat and the 700 on the floor right in front of the back Seat. If I turn to the side the riders on it cleans up that face a bit. Still not massive. I put a wedge on and it tried to pull it over by that wash is too strong. I have some footage of my 16 year old riding without the rope. I will try to attach from my lap top.

Well, gave the boat a good run this week. This boat makes a nice natural wake for wake boarding. Plenty of lift, and a nice wake to pop off of, fun to jump! Easy to clear the entire wake. Skiing was just OK. That wake is hard to clear up. We did lengthen the rope for skiers and that helped some, but not a short tight rope for skiing. Surfing? Not so much. Added a 1000 pounds of people to the back of the boat to see if it was possible. Got a rough looking wake, but couldn't surf without a rope. LOTS of more weight was needed for sure, and probably a shaper on the side to have a chance. I did experience the same problem with the wakeboard though as others have mentioned with this hull. It likes to plane out right at 19-20mph. So if you want to slow down, the boat plows an makes a big wake and slows the boat naturally to 16mph. If you go to 19, the boat wants to slide over on plane further,....and next thing you know you're going 24-25mph. Its a touchy situation, and throttle is hard to keep consistent. Good wakeboarders who like 22+MPH trying to jump wakes liked it. But beginners who like to carve around and do board tricks on the wake didn't like it cuz speed was hard to manage. Also, if I hammer the throttle, I will pull my skiers straight over the rope. I found it best to ease into the throttle with this boat when getting people up.

Gonna borrow a few Fat Sacks and try the boat with an extra 1000# in it next trip. A fun boat. Fast a hell! 58mph! But it does porpoise some if weight is not distributed in the boat right. I see the value of trim tabs that others have mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back