2007 Sea Doo GTI SE flush port

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyd0315

Hi all,
I am trying to find the port to flush out the exhaust that i believe is clogged b/c it is overheating in like 5 min.
There is a tube sticking out from the backplate of the jet pump, but it is not threaded. It is just above the reverse pull cord.
If i follow this tube into compartment, it feeds into the J Pipe so i believe this is the flush port, but it does not have any threads on the tube. Do i need to insert a piece inside to give me threads for a hose hookup?
thx

Attachments

• flush.png
    flush.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
That's the exhaust flush port. It should have internal threads that accept a standard male end of a garden hose. Follow directions in the User Manual to flush engine.

Last edited:
That's the exhaust flush port. It should have internal threads that accept a standard male end of a garden hose. Follow directions in the User Manual to flush engine.

Finished the flush, not sure if it really did much. Did it 3 times, each time for 1 min. It did start to smoke a small amount out of the back of the jet pump. No smoke in the engine compartment. Anybody know what i can check next? I can take it out for a ride and see if it overheats in 5 min again, but prefer to troubleshoot more. Any ideas where else to look?

Can a bad oil filter cause this type of overheating? I just bought this for small money, i don't think it was maintained so planned to change the oil and filter. Maybe the oil pressure switch too?

Hi again, i change the oil and filter. While running with the hose i noticed that about half of the water is coming out the intake gate underneath. Is that normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back