2007 Rxp 215 SC engine swap

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mhurley

I have a 2007 RXP 215 supercharged and the engine went on it so I got a used 2005 engine. Any problems when swapping them? Electrical or mechanical? I’ve looked on google but I couldn’t find anything. I am using the 2007 ecu.

No problems it will work fine.
Not true. Many differences between the 2005 and 2007. Not a direct swap. The easiest swap is to change all electronics and wiring.

If you have to use the 2007 ECU and wiring, you will need to use the newer TOPS system which means you will have to add the vent hole behind the CB shaft.

Thought he was just using engine block not taking full engine out of 2005 and fitting straight into jet ski as for the difference of engine blocks is the cylinder head on the 2005 as this head has an extra oil port in the head when 2007 has not the rest is the same apart from accessories which you can change no problem!!.

Thanks for the input we had to change the tops to the 07 and plugged the 05 tops because we couldn’t change it over, he didn’t give us all the parts. We used the 07 wiring harness and had to change one plug for the magneto, they were different heads. Other than that it all seemed to go together no problem. We started for the first time yesterday and it was surprisingly loud, probably due to lack of exhaust.

It will start and idle fine but if you didn't drill a hole behind the CB shaft and you are using the 2007 TOPS, it will blow the dipstick out, force oil out the tube, and smoke like crazy under acceleration. You need to pull the motor back out and drill the hole.
Thought he was just using engine block not taking full engine out of 2005
The newer blocks have the vent hole so they do not swap without modifying the block.

So we left the old tops on but not plugged on is it possible that it can be used as the vent? Is there a way to avoid removing the engine?

It might work but I've never tried it. The problem is for the newer TOPS to work the pto housing needs to be vented to the crankcase. The old tops system vented the crankcase through the front of the motor. I'm not sure how you will hook up both vent hose systems at the same time. If it were me, I'd fix it the right way which is to remove the motor and add the vent hole. In theory, you don't have to remove the motor to remove the pto housing but you will end up spending more time by not removing and you'll be working on your head most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back