2007 rxp 215 cluster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

dariel02

Recently purchased a used 2007 rxp 215 from marketplace. The cluster is very cracked and not functional. I’m looking to replace it but not trying to pay the $900+ for a new one. The part number on mine is 278002217 and I notice that the 278002270 are quite similar even in connection. Wondering is anyone has tried swapping between the two. I’ve also tried looking online to see if anyone is parting out a similar ski but all the ones I find are ending in 270. I’ve also noticed that the software number are similar but ending with a b or c.

Attachments

• 22ED5519-2648-4494-A683-3A76DC6FAD6F.jpeg
    22ED5519-2648-4494-A683-3A76DC6FAD6F.jpeg
    345.1 KB · Views: 18
  • AD90972A-F5D5-45C9-87B2-B8B1F392598C.jpeg
    AD90972A-F5D5-45C9-87B2-B8B1F392598C.jpeg
    261.1 KB · Views: 19
Your ski has the wrong gauge in it right now. The gti's were the only skis to use that gauge with the 2217. Your ski should have the 278002216 which has the compass in the center. The 2270 is the universal replacement cluster with compass that comes with no flash at all and will work on your ski with the proper flash for your year/model.

I suggest using the new China made ones on ebay. They are half the price and I've installed 7 or 8 them and they all worked perfectly. I may be direct buying a lot of 5 of them to save a little money. Let me know if you're interested in one. Not quite as good of quality as the OEM but surprisingly close where the average person would have no idea and work perfectly. You will have to get it flashed with BUDS and then married to your ECU when you install any new gauge for your ski.

I'm a new member. Purchased a 2007 RXP215 SC. It's missing the gauge cluster altogether. Will your recommendation work for my circumstance? And does the dealer need to do the "marrying"?

Thank you for any response.

Your ski has the wrong gauge in it right now. The gti's were the only skis to use that gauge with the 2217. Your ski should have the 278002216 which has the compass in the center. The 2270 is the universal replacement cluster with compass that comes with no flash at all and will work on your ski with the proper flash for your year/model.

I suggest using the new China made ones on ebay. They are half the price and I've installed 7 or 8 them and they all worked perfectly. I may be direct buying a lot of 5 of them to save a little money. Let me know if you're interested in one. Not quite as good of quality as the OEM but surprisingly close where the average person would have no idea and work perfectly. You will have to get it flashed with BUDS and then married to your ECU when you install any new gauge for your ski.
Will the 278002270 universal replacement work on my 2006 GTI SE? Currently has the bad 278002217.

I think it would but I haven't tried it. The universal replacement for yours is the 2273. The gauges are a littlittle different with the layout and no compass. There is a China version of that gauge as well that I have used and also worked well.

I went the Chinese route on a new cluster. Installed the cluster and EVERYTHING works, even the fuel gauge. Only the HOURS are not accurate. If taking it to the dealer (a 2-3 week wait) for the "marrying" is only going to get me the accurate hour usage, then why go? Seriously, if it's best, then I'll do it. But what am I gaining?
Humble questions, certainly. Open to your experienced feedback.

The dealer can't change the hours. All clusters of that type keep the hours internally and start at 0. The ECU also keeps hours so those are the correct hours. Sometimes the china clusters just work without marrying but you may lose some gauge functions. As long as it runs fine and all gauge functions work fine, you don't need to do anything else but to make everything work perfectly the cluster should be flashed and married.

Last edited:
Hallo aus Deutschland.
Ich habe diese Aftermarket-Cluster in China gekauft.
Ich habe Buds und Scanworld-Programm.
Ich habe es 2006 in einem Ski mit MPEM ausprobiert, es funktioniert ohne zu heiraten.
Aber die Stunden können nicht festgelegt werden.
Und die Stunden laufen nach 7 Stunden Fahrt nicht weiter, es werden 0 Stunden angezeigt.
Bei einem 07er Ski ohne MPEM muss es verheiratet sein. Es werden jedoch keine Einstellungen gespeichert. Als ich den Ski wieder vorlese, ist er nicht verheiratet. Aber es fängt an.
Hat jemand die gleichen Probleme?
Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe.

Just proving translation for previous post.

Hello from Germany.

I bought these aftermarket clusters in China.
I have buds and Scanworld program.

I tried it in 2006 in a ski with MPEM, it works without getting married. But the hours cannot be fixed. And the hours do not continue after 7 hours of driving, 0 hours are displayed.

For a 07 ski without MPEM, it must be married. However, no settings are stored. When I read the ski again, he is not married. But it starts.

Does anyone have the same problems?

Thank you very much for your help.

I have done both 06 and 07 China clusters and have had no problems and function perfectly including hours. You still have to use BUDS to flash the cluster for the correct year/model of ski first before you marry or it will not function properly. It may run fine but the cluster may or may not have functions like hours, speed, water temperature, etc work like they should.

For the 06, you still have to marry the cluster if you want it to work properly as in have the hours work and some gauge functions as well. For the 07, once flashed and then married you have to write the ECU after marrying. Once married properly and then written to the ECU, everything should work properly and it will stay married.

I have a similar situation/question... I have an 07 RXT with a burnt out display. I found a used one and plugged it in. That display is dead. If I get the new one flashed will it start communicating with the machine? also, the machine starts and runs with or without a cluster plugged in. I thought it needed the cluster connected to run?

That year will run with or without that style cluster. Newer models won't. The cluster should come to life with power on without flashing, just won't work right. If it doesn't and you confirmed it is getting power, then it's dead.

I have done both 06 and 07 China clusters and have had no problems and function perfectly including hours. You still have to use BUDS to flash the cluster for the correct year/model of ski first before you marry or it will not function properly. It may run fine but the cluster may or may not have functions like hours, speed, water temperature, etc work like they should.

For the 06, you still have to marry the cluster if you want it to work properly as in have the hours work and some gauge functions as well. For the 07, once flashed and then married you have to write the ECU after marrying. Once married properly and then written to the ECU, everything should work properly and it will stay married.
Do you have a particular brand that you purchase from China? I purchased one for my 07 RXT on Amazon from Boeeda but only the left 1/2 of the display comes up. It said it replaces these part numbers

278002144 and 278002270​

Do you have a particular brand that you purchase from China? I purchased one for my 07 RXT on Amazon from Boeeda but only the left 1/2 of the display comes up. It said it replaces these part numbers

278002144 and 278002270​

Only half of the display works because it has to be flashed and married with BUDS for it to work properly. All the China ones are made by the same factory and distributed to many resellers.

Ok thank you. The seller, Boeeda, says that it’s plug and play but I suspected this wasn’t the case. I’ll have to take this up with the tech that said he did all that was required to make it work.

Back