2007 GTX almost sank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

philoc

Hey All

About a week ago i got a rock caught in the impeller of my 2007 GTX. I took it out of the water and removed the rock. Had a look for damage and more rocks and seen none. Took it out and it ran fine.

Sunday, I took the machine out again. Immediately I noticed that the machine was caviating at low speed / rpm (speed = 15km/hr). When I accelerated it worked perfectly. So, I went to the middle of the pond (testing the seadoo for problems) and suddently started losing all power and accelaeration. Immediately headed for land and JUST made it (Seadoo was sinking). Got on land and the engine compartment had completely filled with water. Looked at the impeller and there was shreds of plastic inside. Definately need to replace wear ring and perhaps the impeller. Its obvious I never got all the rocks out and that I need to replace the wear ring and most likely the impeller. My question is, knowing the damage was caused by ingested rocks, what would have casued the SeaDoo to take in water like that?

Thanks,
Phil

Not a clue, but it had nothing to do with the rocks you sucked up. Something else be wrong in there.

An electric bilge pump is sure helpful. If you don't have one, you aught to.

- Michael

Sounds like you may have damaged the carbon ring in your driveshaft when hitting the rocks. It held together long enough after the initial hit, but in your next ride it gave out and water is now coming in from that area.

Look here:
http://epc.brp.com/Index.aspx?lang=E&s1=c1e9733a-ada5-4807-a4e7-c7124b1467bb
and view your ski...propulsion system

#39 is the carbon ring and your problem is typical symptoms when this breaks/shatters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back