2007 gti se ecu

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcolwart

Hi all, new to group. I have a 07 seadoo gti se, would start and shut down 2 to 3 sec. Brought to dealer told me engine harness was bad. Ordered a new one , now ecu 4200655355 is bad. According to BRP this is the only ecu that will run ski but it is discontinued. Ski is in perfect shape, anyone in here have one laying around? If not, what are my options?
Thanks in advance, I'm already out 1400 thanks to a engine harness I'm sure I did not need.

First thing, make sure to get the correct part number(you have a couple digits not quite right), 420665355 is for the white 130 and 420665781 is for the silver 155 and I have a brand new one for $907. I own a 2007 GTI SE 130 down in Florida that I ride in the winter and bought it needing an ECU(among other things). Second thing, not sure I'd trust a dealer that said I needed a new wiring harness and didn't need it at all. The only time a new wiring harness is ever needed is if the entire thing is a corroded mess. The other 99% of the time it can easily be repaired quickly by simple resistance checks and replacing terminals and repairing connections.
You can try to find a used one but there are shops that can flash that ECU program for the 07 GTI into a good ECU. Plan on at least $800 for used.
IMG_20200219_152155950_HDR (1).jpg
IMG_20210506_195123333.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t understand the new harness,,,resistence/continuity tests will solve that,,,a bad ecu,,,I can understand,,,did you check every connector and all the grounds,,,it’s rare for a harness to fail,,,

I sent the VIN to BRP and they told me it's a 655355, that tells me it's a GTI STD instead of SE. But the decals say SE, ( I realize someone could have changed the decals)
Thanks for helping, I'll try to search for a used one and hope I don't get shafted.

Yes , I don't get that either. Anyway I have the ski back after a 1700 bill. I'll just have to hope I get lucky and find a used ecu.
I appreciate your help.

Are you any good at diagnostics? A candoopro setup is around $500 and you’ll need it anyways to marry the ecu to the cluster. If you end up not being to fix it and part it out I’m looking for a cluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back