2007 GTI 130 solenoid HOT

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCabralFamily

Well I have stepped up to the 4 strokes and here’s my first experience so far...

Picked it up from the shop with a new exhaust manifold, and completely rebuilt jet pump and full maintenance service. New Battery installed and new solenoid.

Ran it for the first day with “Lerner” key for about 2 hours even towed a tube for awhile and it ran well. Next day I ran it with the fast key and it ran great for about 20 mins then it completely shut down. I sent it back to yhe shop and they noticed the battery was dead. Charged it up, checked the charging system and I picked it up this morning. Ran it for less than 10 mins, shut it down to dock, went to start back up and battery was dead! Frustrated I went installed a new one, and when I did first crank went right over, shut it down and went to start it minutes later and the battery was dead! The two main cables in the solenoid were HOT, extremely hot. I have never encountered this before. Solenoid and starter act normal when the battery is fully charged but something is pulling a major power draw somewhere.....any assistance is always greatly appreciated....thank you

Obviously you have a very large draw coming from somewhere. Typically to test for a draw I would disconnect the negative battery terminal, hook a meter up between the negative battery terminal and the negative battery cable that is now unhooked. With the meter on amps, this will tell you how many amps it is drawing, then you can start pulling fuses and when you pull one the makes the draw go away or significantly drop this tells you what circuit the draw is on, follow it from there. If it is drawing so many amps that it is killing your battery in 10 minutes though it may be such a high draw it will blow the fuse in the multimeter, they usually only have a 10 amp fuse.
I might also try this, once started, remove the positive battery cable that goes to the starter, since those are the wires getting hot. if it then doesn't kill the battery you know somehow the starter is keeping a draw on the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back