2006 yamaha FX HO Cruiser no spark in 1 cylinder Help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

donking

Premium Member
Premium Member
My ski is running on 3 cylinders.The coils and plugs are all good. There is no spark in the #4 cylinder. I need help with the procedure to check for a good signal from the ECU and sort this thing out. I have the electrical box open and have verified continuity on the signal wire for the #4 coil. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks for your help

Do you have NEW plugs? Both my Hondas were giving me an injector code and plugs fixed on one, still haven't figured out the other. Swap coils with another cylinder and see if the misfire follows, have you checked with a spark checker?

Yes I checked with a spark checker and swapped coils new plugs. There was no Neg pulsing signal from the ECU for that cylinder. I also checked it with my Candoo Pro with no spark. Used a automotive test light on the Neg side of the coil which lit up but no pulsing on and off while engine was running. I then found a used Computer with harness from Ebay and problem solved. I went back and installed the bad ECU to see if it was just the harness and had the same no spark condition. If you don't have the Candoo Pro try using the test light to see if there is 12v on the Pos side of the coil and see if the light pulses on the Neg side of the coil. If you have 12v and no pulse check continuity in that wire to the ECU. Clean the ground wires and check fuses. Thanks for the response.

Correction, I used the Yamaha diagnostic software to test this ski and not the Candoo Pro.

So it was the ecu and not the harness? Glad you fixed it. The salt pig hondas are fun when they run right, not my favorite to work on. :cheers:

On your Honda, pull the fuel rail loose and see how they all spray and if the electrical pulse signal is functioning.

Bolts are in a stupid spot. I haven't dug into it yet but when I had it in the water on the trailer to put it under load it looked like a diesel ton of black smoke so either the injector is stuck open or there is no spark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back