2006 SeaDoo Rxp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreasedMonkey

Greetings pwc fans
I bought this ski brand new in 06. I live in Virginia so it only has 130 hrs. No one has ever touched it other than me maintenance wise. I’ve only changed the oil & run antifreeze through it at the end of every season. I heard something about I should rebuild the turbo???? Any thoughts???? Is there anything else I should be doing???

Mr Monkey

Your 06 and my 05 came with ceramic washers in the SC and according to all sources they can/will disintegrate and become bad ju ju in the oil system. I bought my 05 last summer with 230hrs (250 now) and it's never been touched, but it's off just waiting for me to tear it down and install the rebuild kit.

Another area on a machine that old is the wear ring and impeller. I'd bet they look like they've eaten rocks, even if you don't remember any shallow water experiences.

Your 06 and my 05 came with ceramic washers in the SC and according to all sources they can/will disintegrate and become bad ju ju in the oil system. I bought my 05 last summer with 230hrs (250 now) and it's never been touched, but it's off just waiting for me to tear it down and install the rebuild kit.

Another area on a machine that old is the wear ring and impeller. I'd bet they look like they've eaten rocks, even if you don't remember any shallow water experiences.

Hey thank you for the info!!!!! But “SC” I’m guessing that’s the turbo???

lol I got it super charger ha Duh [emoji849]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back