2006 GTX Reverse nut part number

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

blurcardi

Please help! I have a 2006 GTX Sea-Doo that has a broken nut. The diagram calls out a different number. What is this part I need called? See attached pictures.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230628-104656_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230628-104656_Gallery.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230628-104414_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230628-104414_Chrome.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230628-104433_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230628-104433_Chrome.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 6
I need to replace mine too. I'm truly surprised to find such a crappy plastic part in such a high-use function. Guess I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Anything better than OEM suggested? If I've got to pull it anyway, might has well upgrade it - if that's feasible.

Apparently, it's a hassle to replace... guess you've got to pull the cable all the way out from the shift lever.

You don't have to pull the cable out at all. It's very easy to replace. Pull the pump and replace, simple. The old black version didn't last long which is why the improved white version was implemented. There are aftermarket brass and aluminum versions that are better but the white ones are a big improvement.

You don't have to pull the cable out at all. It's very easy to replace. Pull the pump and replace, simple. The old black version didn't last long which is why the improved white version was implemented. There are aftermarket brass and aluminum versions that are better but the white ones are a big improvement.

Really appreciate it - I'm finding multiple aluminum options on Amazon, but all of them have reviews that indicate different types of incompatibilities with the thread patterns or diameters. OEM sounds like the best option for guaranteed fit.

I'm OK tackling it myself, but haven't ever pulled the pump before. Hate to ask a neophyte question, but are you aware of any resource / step-by-step or YouTube that goes through the entire process of removing the pump, R&R of the reverse nut, and then reinstall of the pump?

Back