2006 Challenger bogging on idle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

miketech

Hi Everyone,

I am new here and just posting for the first time on this forum.

I have recently bought a 2006 Seadoo Challenger 180 with Rotax engine. Got the Supercharger redone when I bought it last week so Supercharger is brand new and good for 200 hrs. Put a full tank (100$) of 91 octane gas before going on the water for the first time.

I used it 2 times yet and it's running great. Although yesterday I put 50$ of 91 octane gas again to top it off before going to the water. Did a relax trip with a couple of friends.... and then after 30 to 45 mins, the engine started boging.

- Low revs in water with throttle all the way on
- Okay revs out of water, but low revs in water
- Bogging when going from idle to full throttle
- Surging of revs
- Intermittent or sudden cutting out of engine when at speed

If someone has any idea please let me know where to start fixing this

Have you checked to ensure the intake and exhaust hoses are secure and not leaking? Is the engine making any "new" noises or getting louder when this happens?

Hi Jpass.

Intake and exhaust are fine. No new noise. Just hesitating, bogging, then gains speed and boggs again. I was thinking of water in gas or bad batch of gas.

Could be bad gas. Run some ethanol free through it if you can. If it persists you'll need to update us so we can see if we can help.

Guy’s. Here’s the final result on my bogging engine issue. Did spark plug check. All Ok. Added octane boost in 1/2 tank of gas and then filled the tank with 100$ of supreme gas. Engine did bog for 5-10 mins and then problem went away. Seems like the problem is fixed. Thanks to all!

Guy’s. I’m back and the problem is still present. I’m going crazy. Checked the following :
-All air hose for intake and exhaust.
-Changed spark plugs for brand new ones
- tested injectors
- checked fuel filter

Any help is welcomed!

IMG_9690.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back