2005 Seadoo Speedster 200 SC - Engine turns slow, draws power - Bad starter or stator?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewdandrea

So I just recently had an issue with my fuel system, and had to replace both pumps. While figuring out it was the pumps, from constantly starting it, I burned out one of the starters. We replaced the starter, and also the pumps, finally got it back up and running. Took it out for about 15-20 min, ran great, no issue. later that day, took it out for about 20-30 min, and the one engine I replaced the starter on, shut down. No check engine light, no warning sound, just stopped. I checked that the wires heading to the startor were super hot, almost to the point of melting wires. I tried to restart it and the engine super slowly tries to crank and then stops, like its stuck, and I can see the power is drawing from the battery a lot as well. The other engine, starts up, runs perfect. I was thinking of 1 of 2 things. Either the stator has gone bad and is possibly keeping the engine from turning, or the starter is stuck open and burned out after 20-30 min of constant turning at 6k-8k RPMs. Im not sure. Im going to take the hose off the supercharger and try to carefully turn the 17mm bolt and see if the engine turns over. Anybody ever experienced this before?

Sounds like starter motor is shorting out to ground but that would also mean your starter solenoid has stayed in the closed position
Check on solenoid post that goes to starter motor if you have 12v to ground
Check with multi meter between solenoid post in starter to ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back