2005 Seadoo Speedster 200 Complete Restore

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dstlcm

Hello, I live in a small city about 2 hours from Houston TX. I have a 2005 Seadoo Speedster that I would like to have restored. I believe the engines are in good shape. I have never had any problems with them. I would need the seats re upholstery, all new gauges (tac and speed). Bilge pump replaced among some other things needed. The hull is also in good shape. I have tried calling multiple places locally and have had no luck. Do anyone do all the work mentioned above or know anyone that can do this work? I am willing to drive it where ever needed to have the work done right. Thank You in advance.

I'm curious where you get your gauges. Mine needs the two info gauges. I'm not sure if I can remove them and buff them out like a pair of headlights, but I will give it a shot.

I was hoping someone would know a company or individual that could work on this boat. I know I my area no one will touch it. Its sad. I really live this boat but it need a lot of TLC and I dont want to invest the money for it to still have problems after it's all said and done. I'm still hoping I can find something. I'll keep you posted if I do

These boats tend to have issues in their later years. I just picked up a 2004 Speedster 200, and despite it having having new uphostery and (supposedly) new engines, the pumps still needed to be rebuilt (one still has an issue), one of the motors started cutting out and not restarting unless throttle is opened, the hull needs to be cleaned and buffed, the reverse gates needed to be adjusted, the weedless system doesn't work. It's all very time consuming, and the tech must know what he's doing or it'll take him forever, meaning it'll cost you a fortune. The best thing is to learn to maintain it yourself, and ask us about any particular questions.

As for upholstery, you can get the vinyl already pre-cut and just have an upholstery shop put it on for you. They should at least be able to do that. There are several available on eBay, but I believe they're blue. I believe that's what they put on my boat and the quality is good. Just wish the rest of my boat wasn't red lol!

I'm curious where you get your gauges. Mine needs the two info gauges. I'm not sure if I can remove them and buff them out like a pair of headlights, but I will give it a shot.

I can get your guages rebuilt. Take about 2 months. But i know a guy who does them. Comes with warranty too. I just had both tachs an speedos done 100% new again

I was hoping someone would know a company or individual that could work on this boat. I know I my area no one will touch it. Its sad. I really live this boat but it need a lot of TLC and I dont want to invest the money for it to still have problems after it's all said and done. I'm still hoping I can find something. I'll keep you posted if I do
Where are u from?

Hello, I live in a small city about 2 hours from Houston TX. I have a 2005 Seadoo Speedster that I would like to have restored. I believe the engines are in good shape. I have never had any problems with them. I would need the seats re upholstery, all new gauges (tac and speed). Bilge pump replaced among some other things needed. The hull is also in good shape. I have tried calling multiple places locally and have had no luck. Do anyone do all the work mentioned above or know anyone that can do this work? I am willing to drive it where ever needed to have the work done right. Thank You in advance.
I can help u with guages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back