2005 RXP vs. 1996 XP ?????

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

WonderDawg

I am looking at replacing my 1996 XP with a 2005 RXP, what do kyou all think? What should I be looking out for, or what should I be aware of with the RXP? Please tell me what you all think?

Regards,

W.D.

i own a 96 xp and my beat friend and ridding buddy has a 05 rxp. rxp will be a bit faster, more stable and will cut threw chop better, but i still think the 96 xp is a lot more fun. rxp is a great ski for riding 2 people on, still small enough to throw around but very stable. you might be better comparing the xp to the new spark coming out, should give you more of the ride you are use to. if u can keep both

Can't compare the 2 skis. The XP is tiny, light and nimble. The RXP is a little larger, heavier, much more powerful and handles pretty good for its size. It does handle better in chop but still not my choice if you ride on a large body of water. The XP is better compared to the new Spark than the RXP. Just my $.02

Wow I just posted almost the same thing as the one above me without even realizing it lol I was a lot of help lol

I understand completely about th XP. I really love my XP, but I have had to resurrect it one to many times. I am looking for a good replacement for the XP. So with that in mind is the RXP the right one is there another that I should be looking at?

I would go with the SPARK, but I would like gen II not gen I.

regards,

W.D.

I tend to ride like a mad man when I ski, so I am looking for a ski that I can happily ride to my death. That is I twist and turn, jump and crash like a loon and I want a reliable ski for one person. Or better yet if possible ski that ride like Porsche.

Regards,

W.D.

From your description the ski you want doesn't exist.

Lou

Surely it does, it's a 96 XP. He just hasn't sold his yet and realized what he had. When I sold my 96 xp's 14 years ago I knew it was a mistake, now that I just resto'd one I'll never get rid of it--been there done that.

WD, check my clapped out thread in my sig line for some inspiration.

I have the 95 720 XP. I only rode it twice this summer, but it is a lot of fun. I wouldn't want to ride it for a full day, or on a trip in bigger water, but as far as screwing around, its a blast! Turns quick, easy to jump & pops out of the water like nothing. Just picked up a 02 GTX project & its like comparing a cruising yacht to a ski boat. I'll bet an RX would be a great compromise between the two extremes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back