2005 Challenger 180 with wake tower and wake plates?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodsy15

Hi all, just picked up a Challenger 180 today. Might get it out once before winterizing. Had a factory wake tower and what I think are factory wake shaping plates?? It's that a thing ? Tell me what I have, what I should know or what I should do with it to get the best wakeboard ride. Also interested if kids could wake surf behind since it has these plates. Are they OEM or aftermarket? Cheers, thanks for any responses.

Attachments

• PXL_20200925_195459199.jpg
    PXL_20200925_195459199.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 48
  • PXL_20200925_195313697.jpg
    PXL_20200925_195313697.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 51
Turns out they are the elusive BRP OEM Trim plates, not often seen in the wild! Seems like they help with porpusing and not really with wake shaping. Going to look at the mission delta 2.0 possibly for wake surfing.

I have same boat without the trim plates. Did you notice any difference or did you find anything to help for wake surfing? I just assumed that this boat wouldn’t be good for surfing so I never even tried.

I have same boat without the trim plates. Did you notice any difference or did you find anything to help for wake surfing? I just assumed that this boat wouldn’t be good for surfing so I never even tried.
They make a difference, but they are not "wake plates" - they are trim tabs. They were Sea-Doo's idea to reduce porpoising complaints since standard tabs wouldn't fit under the rear deck. They sold so many that they were out of them by 2009 (some were even installed under warranty) and thus tons of Challengers never got them.

I actually just posted a thread offering to build and sell replicas, then saw your convo.
RARE: Sea-Doo Challenger 180 Trim Tabs (OEM replicas)

Attachments

• tabs.jpg
    tabs.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back