2005 Challenger 180 Intermittant Not Starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim.46

I have searched the forum looking for something that applies to my case and seem to find many answers that are just a little different. My boat is a 2005 Challenger 180 with a 215 HP supercharged rotax single engine.
I am on a lake 2-1/2 hours away from my dealer. Last year I had trouble with the boat not always starting and trailered it to the dealer in the fall. He said it was likely the DESS lanyard and made 2 new ones and I paid him to winterize the boat and put it in storage.
A few weeks ago I picked it up and launched it - no problems.
Yesterday when I lowered it from my boat house into the water it started all over again.
Place one of the new keys on the post and got one long beep followed by 4 short beeps. Then continuous 4 short beeps.Then nothing when I press the start button.
I tried several times and after about 15 trys it started.
I called the dealer today and he tells me it may be the DESS Post and seeing I am so far from him that I should try and change that myself. (I am not too handy). So, I was thinking of ordering a DESS post and seeing if the local (non BRP dealer) marina would come over and replace it.
any thoughts before I trailer it to a dealer?
Thanks, jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back