2005 240efi 185 utopia oil light on

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Good day all .Went out on lake. An hour on the lake and my oil light came on .The three beeps also.I managed to get it back to dock and on trailer.Oil level was full. I dont know if the light is also for engine temp since boat has just a couple guages speed and rpm.First boat owner and novis mechanicly inclined. Any one have any ides what to start looking for ?

Good day all .Went out on lake. An hour on the lake and my oil light came on .The three beeps also.I managed to get it back to dock and on trailer.Oil level was full. I dont know if the light is also for engine temp since boat has just a couple guages speed and rpm.First boat owner and novis mechanicly inclined. Any one have any ides what to start looking for ?
Start by checking the mag switch in the small oil tank cap. Use ohm meter.

Thanks but what am i checking for .would be the first time i ever used a multimeter. looked up how to use one .Also what is a mag switch . Elec was never something i got into . Hope you can explain more.please have patients with me.Any info would be apreciated

Thanks but what am i checking for .would be the first time i ever used a multimeter. looked up how to use one .Also what is a mag switch . Elec was never something i got into . Hope you can explain more.please have patients with me.Any info would be apreciated

Mag switch: aka magnetic reed switch. Closes in the near presence of a magnetic field (a magnet).
On to top of the engine is your small header oil tank. The 3 gallon tank feeds the header tank by crankcase pressure.
There are 2 blue wires from the cap. Follow those and disconnect. There should be quick-connects. Set voltmeter to Ohms, lowest setting. Remove cap from tank. (Engine is OFF.) Connect meter leads to blue wires. Move the float under the cap up and down. It would move up and down with the oil level in the tank. Meter reading should change from OL to near 0 as you move the float. If meter does not change, you probably have a bad---- mag switch.

Do not start your engine with this cap off or you will pump oil into your bilge. Possible $250,000 fine for pumping it overboard.

Back