2004 speedster 200 Tach stuck

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2004 speedster 200. Neither one of mine work. One is stuck at 1200 the other at 0. Bought it this summer. The guy I bought it from said they always worked but the radio was shorting out and he unhooked power to radio. I put in new radio and hooked wires back up and I can’t get the tachs or speedometer to work. Fuses all good. Idk.

I sprayed electrical contact cleaner / lube in the small holes in back of tach. It freed up both of mine. They were completely stuck before.. now they work perfectly. The spray didn’t mess up the labels or anything. Saved me from buying two new tachs. It also worked for the fuel gauge.

The goal is to get the lube underneath the needle in center of tach.

I sprayed electrical contact cleaner / lube in the small holes in back of tach. It freed up both of mine. They were completely stuck before.. now they work perfectly. The spray didn’t mess up the labels or anything. Saved me from buying two new tachs. It also worked for the fuel gauge.

The goal is to get the lube underneath the needle in center of tach.
This. I made a post a year or so about it. There is a drain hole in the bottom of the gauge behind the bezel. Use a spray nozzle tube to get up in there. You can also cycle the needles like this to free them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back