SOLD 2004 Speedster 200 (310HP) Tower, Huge Stereo, Very Well Equipped $15,000 (Oregon Coast)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

OG1

2004 Sea-Doo Speedster 200 Boat

This is a very nice boat that we love, but unfortunately have not had much time to use over the last two years so I want to find it a new home where it can get some use. This boat has only 170 hours on it. I bought the boat from the original purchasing family, who I know very well, so essentially I know the boat’s history from brand new. Has the twin 155HP naturally aspirated engines.

I have owned the boat since 2015. It had 100 hours on it at that time and had been sitting in indoor storage for several years for the most part. I have done annual maintenance on the boat beginning and end of season to include full oil and spark plug changes in the spring, and winterization/fogging storage oil in the cylinders in the fall. The boat starts right up every spring when I de-winterize it and I have had virtually no issues with the engines except for a EGT sensor I changed out shortly after purchasing (More on that below).

This boat has NEVER been in saltwater or even brackish freshwater.

Included with the sale is a CanDoo Pro diagnostic programmer system. I was having an intermittent Check Engine Light which I suspected was a sensor fault. I was not into taking the boat to the dealer a couple hours away, waiting a few weeks for them to get around to it, then getting hosed for $500+ for them to fix it in a matter of minutes. I was able to identify the Exhaust temp sensor that was at issue and replaced it for $20 and was on my way. I was also able to reprogram some extra keys (Comes with 3 total) I had from a previous Sea-Doo jetski. In the past three years, there has been no other issues or check engine lights.

The boat has the factory Wake tower, which does drop down and is removeable. I added the Bimini top last summer, which is also easy to put up or take off if not needed. I replaced the cover shortly after purchasing, as I do have to store the boat outside. The cover does a good job keeping the boat dry and I check it several times each winter and open it up on warm dry days to get any residual moisture out.

The stereo is super loud in the boat. There are 8 6.5” speakers in the cabin area, and a total of 6 Bazooka speakers on the tower (One pair has speakers on both ends). The stereo is ran by a Clarion Marine head unit with Bluetooth connectivity and two wired remotes, one at the cockpit and one at the rear of the hull for swimmers. There are a total of three amplifiers, two Rockford Fosgate for the coaxials and the tower speakers, and an Earthquake D2 which powers the Kicker L7 sub in the front storage compartment. This stereo is LOUD, and durable. I do remove the tower speakers in the winter to keep them out of the elements, so that is why they are not shown in some of the pictures. All the tower speakers have Speakersox and I also had a custom zip up boot made to keep the sun off them when not in use in the summer.

To support the extra electronics, I added a second battery, and both were replaced in 2016 with Optima Blue Top gel batteries. There is an onboard dual bank battery charger/maintainer that keeps them topped off when parked at home. There is a 1-2-All-Off switch on the batteries for maximum flexibility and protection from getting stranded when you party too long in the cove. These batteries are amazing though, I have done many many hours at loud volume on a single battery and it will still start right up.

I added a Faria depth/water temp gauge to the empty spot in the dash, which is super handy to have. I also added super bright blue LED courtesy lighting in the cabin and on the hull underwater. All the gauges work, which is a known issue with some other Sea-Doo boats.

We primarily stay in sandy bottom lakes, so no rock damage has ever been noted to the impellers. The wear rings are in spec last time I checked and the boat does not exhibit any signs of needing the pumps rebuilt or wear rings replaced. Still goes 49MPH like it did when it was new. Boat takes on zero water at anchor, but it does have an automatic bilge pump if needed.

Dual tower racks for wakeboards, including one kneeboard slot.

The trailer has a single 6000lb axle with surge brakes. Due to sitting so long before I purchased the boat, I ended up replacing the entire braking system including the coupler, brake assemblies, bearings, etc. The trailer is roadworthy and good to go. I replaced the tires at the end of 2017, and they have about 2000 miles on them is all. Trailer tags good thru 2020. All trailerlights were changed out to LED.

The bad:
The boat is starting to show some age. The upholstery is in really good shape with the exception of the right side rear seat lower cushion. This is due to poor design and that it gets stepped on whenever someone enters/exits the boat. I never replaced it because a new one would do the same thing in short order. Replacements are available at a reasonable cost and I can direct the buyer to that vendor if so desired. Has the snap in carpet, which I remove every winter and store inside.

The gelcoat has some nicks and chips here and there that have been repaired with DIY gelcoat repair gel. There are scratches from some poor docking situations and whatnot, but nothing that is of concern for structure or water intrusion. A keel-guard was installed when the boat was new, and I do NOT beach my boat ever so the keel is in good shape.

For asking price, I will include everything discussed above, as well as a 14’x14’ inflatable island, a couple three person tubes, several other towable tubes, a Wakesurf board, a wakeboard, a kneeboard, a wakeskate board, wake ropes, anchors anchor and dock lines, safety equipment, a wake ballast bag/ Fat Sac and pump, and approximately 10 GOOD neoprene lifevests in a range sizes from little kid to XXXL adult. The unicorn is not included unless you can negotiate it away from my daughter, which is unlikely…

Clear titles in hand in my name for both the boat and trailer.

Please contact me with any questions. I am happy and available to show the boat most days, and will be glad to put it in the water for a serious buyer. Please do not waste my time if you are not in a position to buy.
Sold- 05/13/2020

Attachments

• IMG_1358.jpg
    IMG_1358.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1708.jpg
    IMG_1708.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2006.jpg
    IMG_2006.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3812.jpg
    IMG_3812.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2008.jpg
    IMG_2008.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3823.jpg
    IMG_3823.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2273.jpg
    IMG_2273.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2223.jpg
    IMG_2223.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3825.jpg
    IMG_3825.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2129.jpg
    IMG_2129.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
More Pics

Attachments

• IMG_1389.jpg
    IMG_1389.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3832.jpg
    IMG_3832.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3552.jpg
    IMG_3552.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3812.jpg
    IMG_3812.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1457.jpg
    IMG_1457.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1370.jpg
    IMG_1370.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3811.jpg
    IMG_3811.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2257.jpg
    IMG_2257.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2317.jpg
    IMG_2317.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3816.jpg
    IMG_3816.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 39
More Pics

Attachments

• IMG_3818.jpg
    IMG_3818.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3810.jpg
    IMG_3810.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3548.jpg
    IMG_3548.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3813.jpg
    IMG_3813.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 38
Strangely enough I don’t seem to have many pics of the box itself. It is a rectangle shaped box as large as possible to fit down through the compartment from the top. The bottom corners rest on the hull, which due to the shape leaves ample clearance for the speaker itself. It is a tuned slot ported box and the port fires down as well. The entire box was fiberglassed for moisture protection. It is secured to the bulkhead and the front of the compartment rim with some L brackets.

There is a decent sized area on each side where I store life jackets. I made a top out of Seaboard that is all you see when the compartment is open. It takes up the majority of the compartment but it’s worth it to me to have some killer bass!

Attachments

• D3B7B723-6004-48B1-9264-29DACF5893A5.jpeg
    D3B7B723-6004-48B1-9264-29DACF5893A5.jpeg
    528.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 0677B551-C65D-49BE-9268-CD2C055B04B6.jpeg
    0677B551-C65D-49BE-9268-CD2C055B04B6.jpeg
    473 KB · Views: 21
Strangely enough I don’t seem to have many pics of the box itself. It is a rectangle shaped box as large as possible to fit down through the compartment from the top. The bottom corners rest on the hull, which due to the shape leaves ample clearance for the speaker itself. It is a tuned slot ported box and the port fires down as well. The entire box was fiberglassed for moisture protection. It is secured to the bulkhead and the front of the compartment rim with some L brackets.

There is a decent sized area on each side where I store life jackets. I made a top out of Seaboard that is all you see when the compartment is open. It takes up the majority of the compartment but it’s worth it to me to have some killer bass!

where did you mount those 3 amps?

where did you mount those 3 amps?
Built an amp rack under the drivers side controls/console compartment/ice bucket thing. They stay high and dry in there.

Attachments

• 71F5D312-A82A-4604-85CD-FA6DA9516665.jpeg
    71F5D312-A82A-4604-85CD-FA6DA9516665.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Built an amp rack under the drivers side controls/console compartment/ice bucket thing. They stay high and dry in there.

Thats awesome, Id love to have some more pics of the sub install and the amp install from further back so I can see which way your facing when taking the picture of the amps. I have 2 amps I’m needing to install in the same spot. I also bought a JL 12w6 in a slot ported box today and I’m gonna install it in that front compartment. Did you do a single sub or 2?

Attachments

• F00F3009-EA49-4345-9685-DD208B35AEAD.png
    F00F3009-EA49-4345-9685-DD208B35AEAD.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
Thats awesome, Id love to have some more pics of the sub install and the amp install from further back so I can see which way your facing when taking the picture of the amps. I have 2 amps I’m needing to install in the same spot. I also bought a JL 12w6 in a slot ported box today and I’m gonna install it in that front compartment. Did you do a single sub or 2?

I’d like to exchange phone numbers and be able to call you sometime, you’ve done a lot of things to your speedster that I’m looking to do to mine. Guages, switches, stereo and that Bimini top. My number is 832-256-7156 feel free to text or call me when you have time or send me your number as well.

Back