2004 Seadoo Gtx Supercharged Strange Problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jetskitoki

Earlier this year I took my 2004 Seadoo Supercharged GTX out for a couple rides. It ran great. One week later I went to turn the engine over in the garage and I got nothing, not even a click. I bought a new battery and properly installed it, still nothing.

I took it in for service at an authorized Seadoo Dealer about 6 weeks ago. They said they were able to bypass the starter relay and it started right up. They replaced the stater relay, charged me $120 and it ran great ever since.

Yesterday after running great for an hour I stopped briefly then returned back to the ski and tried to fire it up and leave. Once again just like earlier in the year I got nothing, dead to the wind. I had to get towed back, fortunately I had unlimited towing.

After reading online forums here is what I did to the ski this morning. I pull all fuses, checked okay. I by passed the starter relay with the key plugged in an it fired right up. I then tried to start it without bypassing the relay and it wouldn't start. I decided to remove the start button panel from the left side of the handle bars. I grabbed the orange plastic start button inside which was attached to a couple wires. I pressed it and it started right up. I put the panel back on and tried pressing the orange start button from the outside and it started right up. I have fired it up a few more times since then and it fires right up.

To be safe and not have this cloud hanging over my head whether it will happen again out there what does anyone suggest I do? I am thinking about taking it back to the dealership who worked on it a few weeks back and asking them to figure it out since it looks like they didn't find the root of the problem the first time (electrical??). Any ideas here would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back