2004 rxp won't start again

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Govan22

Hello everyone. The treads have been a great help for me when I had my 2 stroke xp's. hope you guys could help me out on a ski i just bought. I just got an 04 rxp. The ski is great shape ran perfect for 2 day strong. Each day was about 18-20gallons of gas. On the third day of ridding the ski just stopped about mid day. The ski gave no signs of problems before turning off. I have tried to turn on again it cranks but won't turn on. I open the seat to hear if the fuel pump turns on and I hear the pump for about 2-3 seconds. Then the ski beeps twice as normal.

Hope you guys could help me out with this.

Hi,
My first suggestion is to try determining if this is an electrical or fuel system problem by removing the spark plugs and pouring a small amount of fuel into each cylinder. Reinstall plugs and plug wires exactly as they were and crank the engine to see if it will fire.

Perhaps a few table spoons of fuel+oil mixed at ~1oz oil/quart gasoline. If no pop, then it's likely an electrical problem, such as no spark. If the engine does run for a brief moment, then the problem is likely a fuel system problem, such as an empty fuel tank, fuel shutoff valve is closed, or even water in the fuel could all be possibilities. Gasoline is quite flammable, so take appropriate safety precautions.

Back