2004 gtx 185 supercharged starting issue!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bkinney239

Hello, my gtx 185 has been doing this weird starting issue for a couple months now. When it’s cold it fires right up no hesitation, when the engine is warmed up it doesn’t like to start. It will start eventually but you have to continually crank it over. I replaced the starter, starter solenoid, battery, injectors, and spark plugs. The engine has good compression, good spark, and good fuel. I’m at a loss on why it doesn’t like to start when warm! Anyone got any ideas???

Did you check the fuel pump pressure
How good is good compression? Was engine warm when u checked

I have not checked fuel pump pressure, it didn’t make sense to check it because it’s got plenty of pressure to get it started and plenty of pressure to run wide open. I dont see how engine temp would effect that? But 130psi cold and 148psi hot, it’s bored over 1mm and I’m running 1mm over wiseco forged aluminum pistons. I have 3 hours on them.

Are the spark plugs new ? Try a new set to confirm that’s not the problem
Are you using the highest octane gas at the pump station
Try replace your gas it may have a little water in it

Brand new plugs, I’ve ran probably 10 tanks of 93 fuel thru it and it does it every time.

One time i started it on the trailer parked it at the dock parked the truck and got on the ski and it wouldn’t start at all, so I pulled the spark plugs and 2 were dripping in oil. Put my spare set of new plugs in and it fired right up. Now I push it off the trailer and start it when I’m ready to leave the ramp. Once the engine gets hot and I shut it off it will eventually start. So the only thing I can think of is oil is fouling my plugs but the engine is so hot that it vaporizes the oil off them. I’ve replaced the spark plug tubes that go thru the head, still does it. It’s got all 3 brand new pistons and rings, and a fresh cylinder bore so it can’t be leaking past the rings. It’s got brand new valve steam seals. I don’t understand it.

Were is there oil fouling the plugs on the tip or at the top of spark plug externally from the engine
If externally check the oil vent system is free flowing Is the vent valve solenoid working ? It should click when you insert the key ?
You have any fault codes

Were is there oil fouling the plugs on the tip or at the top of spark plug externally from the engine
If externally check the oil vent system is free flowing Is the vent valve solenoid working ? It should click when you insert the key ?
You have any fault codes

Mostly on the threads, I’ll have to check for the click I’m 99% sure it clicks. I’m running a oil catch can.

Are you tightening the plugs properly?
The spark plug hole tubes seals could be bad and allowing oil to flow around plugs
Check the rocker cover is tight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back