2004 3D RFI running slow and losing charge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

3DNick

Hi all,

I am the proud new owner of a pair of 2004 3D's and have been loving them. They are in great shape and fire right up but one of them runs quite a bit slower than the other, and the battery isn't holding charge. I was hoping replacing the battery would help, but still have the same issue. Could these issues be related?

From what I've gathered on this forum it could potentially be a bad fuel pump, stator, rectifier, or the fuel filters. Just wondering if anyone knows a good place to start so I'm not replacing parts that don't need replaced.

This forum has also been very helpful, much appreciation to all of you out there helping each other out.

Attachments

• IMG_7334.jpg
    IMG_7334.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 4
Hey all, back to square one with my speed issue.

Over the weekend I replaced the old rectifier with the "heavy duty regulator rectifier". It's supposed to be an improvement from the original, boasting a higher output capacity. Unfortunately this did not solve my issue with the pwc running slow. I was told that I could potentially do more damage to the pwc by running it when there are issues, so I didn't run it long enough to find out if the new rectifier fixed the battery charging issue.

This time I also noticed there is a small oil leak at one of the hose connections at the oil reservoir (I noticed I'd see a new small drop of oil every 5 minutes or so).

Any suggestions on where to go from here would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Back