2004 3d 787 rfi spluttering and bogging at high rpm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tylerpierce111

Engine ran fine but sadly the Jugs froze so I rebuilt the top end and installed new fuel injectors, cleaned raves and on the test run/ break in it runs great until you try to hold it wide open the it splutters and sometimes even back fires, replaced the rectifier first before the rebuild.

Put a volt meter on the battery and see if you are making the correct voltage.rfi needs a great battery and the correct voltage.dont care if battery was just charged or less than a year old blah blah.if your battery does not have over 12.6 v after a charge and sat untouched overnight the battery isn't good enough for a sea doo rfi.my rfi customers get a brand new yuasa battery every year unless they have been on a tender all winter.and even then they get a new every 2 years.make sure you are getting 13.5 _13.8 at idle and 3000 rpm you getting 14.5.then take machine to the lake with volt meter attached so you can see it and when she is puking and farming see that voltage doesn't spike or drop

The ski had proper voltage at idle and runs Around 14,4 at 3000 the odd time it will jump up to almost 15 but it comes back down, the way it sputters it almost feels like it’s getting bad spark cuz if you hold it WOT it some times will even backfire

The ski had proper voltage at idle and runs Around 14,4 at 3000 the odd time it will jump up to almost 15 but it comes back down, the way it sputters it almost feels like it’s getting bad spark cuz if you hold it WOT it some times will even backfire
If it spikes at all past 14.5 then you have a voltage problem.it should never even for a second go above 14.5.and if itvis overcharging it will do exactly what you are describing.i have had a couple dozen voltage regulators be bad right out of the package.

Okay so worth buying another one, the old rectifier I had in it would charge up to 16 volts then not charge at all, but the motor never did this, is there a chance it could have damaged the mpem or ecu, I also threw it back in the boat to see if it would run normal and it did the same thing couldn’t get full throttle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back