2003 SeaDoo Islandia Alarm Issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfranke

So, I’m about at my wits end. 2003 Islandia 250 Optimax M2.

I was getting a continuous alarm anytime I went over 4mph, couldn’t figure it out. Back flushed all the hoses, checked temp sensors, couldn’t figure it out. Reserve oil tank was full, someone suggested filling up the main tank. Put two gallons of oil, it was close to topped off but not completely. Took it out again, no alarms, problem fixed…. So I thought. Only issue I had, my gear throttle was a little jumpy.

Prior to taking it out today, I did a couple things. Tighten the bolt that the gear cable runs through, hoping to cause my “jumpy” throttle issue. Attempted to connect the Mercury Vesselview…. It won’t connect, smartcraft light isn’t coming on. Yes, I have the terminator cap on. Which leads me to believe somethings wrong with the computer. While the boat was level in water, I topped off the oil to the top.

We take off from the dock, as soon as I accelerate, warning alarm goes off, continuous l beep like before. Only this time, when I throttled down to idle, the continuous beep stopped and so got four beeps, Long pause, Four beeps. Accelerate again, continuous alarm.

Pisser has water coming out, unscrewed garden hose connection, water coming out there. Removed hose connected to T split, water there as well. Hoses were hot, metal block between exhaust was also hot. I unplugged temp sensor on air compressor, still got an alarm.

Not sure if it’s related but gear throttle got really stiff and jumpy, at one point, it got stuck in forward and took some effort to get back to neutral.

To make matters worse, no boat mechanic within an hour of me will agree to work on it.

I wish I could get Vesselview to work, was hoping it would solve my issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back