2003 GTX Supercharged, Wont Start?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronks001

I just bought this 2003 Seadoo Supercharged 4-tec, I installed a new Odyssey PC925L battery and still wont start or crank at all. All i hear is a humming sound when i pressed the start button. Battery is fully charged, Any suggestion anybody???Thanks

remove the plugs, then hit start button. If nothing, inspect your cables/grounds. If all good, locate the relay...where red cables are leading from, and jump those two post. If it turns, you need a new one..(relay)

jump the relay and it cranks, bought a new relay and still the same problem not cranking when you pressed the start/stop button. All it does is a hizzing sound, anymore ideas??thanks.

Bendix is not engageing, but the starter is turning, so you are hearing the hum.

I have never done this before so I am just tossing a SWAG based on cars I have worked on. From what I see, the starter spins but there is an solenoid that throws out the gear to engage the flywheel. Could the solenoid be malfunctioning?

The Solenoid is an electrical relay that turns the starter motor on & off.
The Bendix is a mechanical part that works off the motion of the starter turning
on to move its gear forward and into the flywheel gears. (teeth). Remove the starter
from the ski, remove the bendix from the starter nose and replace the broken part.

jump the relay and it cranks, bought a new relay and still the same problem not cranking when you pressed the start/stop button. All it does is a hizzing sound, anymore ideas??thanks.

if relay is jumped and boat cranks, not the starter or bendix
check for voltage at the small wires going to start relay first
mud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back