2003 GTI Wiring

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
The saga continues. :) Cut relay can't be working can it? The ski starts but the solenoid needs replacing. Not sure if the wire is all factory on the rear box. On the front near the MPEM there is a hot wire coming directly from the battery and going to the Rectifier. Not sure but it looks like they made a jumper/adapter. If I remove the adapter the wires plug right in to one another. The single red wire is coming from the battery and runs into the rectifier. The second set of pics are the rear box. Thoughts ?? GTI Front Elect (1).jpegGTI Front Elect (2).jpegGTI Front Elect (3).jpegGTI Rear Elec. 2003.jpegGTI Rear Elec. 2003-1.jpegs are appreciated.

Last edited:
Here you go straight from the driveway.
8c3930461ad3c30c591820a68646202c.jpg
a1bb3a5796bbd745b259d80cf508c3e5.jpg
924d00899c28e93abb22b7c9e405d021.jpg
5135c1d463b1840ec448742ca339655a.jpg

You da man !!! Thanks Bro. Sure looked like some kinda rig job with the hot wire coming off the battery but it was too neat. Ha ha. I guess I'm good ta go then after the solenoid. Got it started but need to put it in the water to see how the carb is gonna perform.

I went through my parts stock pile and found a start relay. After some arguing I found the plug wires are loose on the solenoid connector. got this baby firing up at will though. Yeeeehaaa !! If all is well... it's going in the water today or tomorrow. I'm liking.... TODAY !!

Here you go straight from the driveway.

Hey Miki, I'm looking at the parts list for this ski and on the 2003 and 2004 I don't see the adapter set up that is on my ski. I had to repair the adapter because the the wires were breaking (you can see in the picture they are in bad shape), the insulation was cracked. I can't see by your picture if you have the same adapter. As I mentioned previously, If I remove the adapter, I can plug both ends into one another.I My question is the red wire is there obviously to bring 12 volts to that point but why the adapter?

It seems like the red wire come from someplace should be supplying the 12 volts but is not. Unless... that is charging the battery.

Could you take a close look at yours and let me know? No big rush.GTI Front Elect (1)-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back