2003 GTI Cooling Hose Routing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
The last guy that worked on this ski.... I dunno. LOL It's a cross between a Puzzle and "Hide and Seek."

Hoses were hooked up wrong and I'm putting the ski back together. I didn't realize it when I was pulling the engine. :) Drain hose not connected to the back of the ski. First picture.IMG_0611.jpeg
I am assuming one of the small lines from the engine head connects to the line on the exhaust pipe that is "not" connected to anything at present.
IMG_0612.jpeg
The other small line is connected to the pisser that goes out the front of the ski on the Port side.
IMG_0617.jpegIMG_0620.jpegIMG_0621.jpeg

Last edited:
I can check tonight after work since I have the same ski sitting in my driveway.

Looks like that engine has been apart too, someone scribed MAG on the front cylinder?

I can check tonight after work since I have the same ski sitting in my driveway.

Looks like that engine has been apart too, someone scribed MAG on the front cylinder?

That was Me with the scribe !! I just did the top end. I found so much wrong with this ski it is unbelievable.

If you don't mind, I'd like to make sure I got the cooling water lines correct. The one under the exhaust manifold I ran to the back of the ski to a port just under the reverse cable near the muffler.

On the front where the water comes out of the head there are two small lines that tee off. I ran one line to the front of the ski to the pisser (which was plugged up) I ran the other line a little further down on the exhaust pipe to the fitting shown in the pictures.

How do you like the ski? I noticed the hull has a different shape that previous versions. Thanks for the help !!Cooling Water GTI 2003.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I don't particularly like it. It is the largest and heaviest hull they ever put a 720 engine in and it only does about 45 mph.

My wife on the other hand absolutely loves it. It is the most stable and dry hull they ever put the 720 engine in , has reverse and a lot of storage. She can ride anything from my HX to our 2001 XP and her first pick is always the 03' GTI. I bought it wit a blown engine so other than a rebuild and a new carb the only thing I have done to it in the last 5 years is add gas and oil. It's probably the most reliable ski I own and it is fun to get the entire family on when we only take one ski out. So, yes it's pretty great and sips fuel it's just not fast.
359b5d4270b2e553555fcdf48128dd83.jpg

And yes, horrible parenting, he is only 8 and already decided the 01' XP an HX are his, not mine.

The fitting shown with no hose on it gets fed from one of those 1/4" black lines right above it. The stinger fitting at the end of the pipe just before the coupler to the waterbox gets fed from the fitting at the top of the pipe.

Thanks guys.. Not having much experience with the newer model skis I wanted to make sure. Surprises are not good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back