2003 4tec SC P-1514 Code

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

AAADiver

Hi Everyone - my ski is throwing a P-1514 (external temp high voltage) error. Anyone else experience this? I assume it’s the sensor but welcome advice. Thx!

A high voltage fault normally occurs because the ECU doesn't see a voltage drop across the sensor. This could be caused by a disconnected sensor, or the sensor may be faulty; you might also have a faulty ground wire. Download your service manual from sea doo manuals.net, and go to the last few pages (schematics). Find out which wires go to the external temp sensor (probably a 2 wire sensor), and disconnect it from the sensor. One wire should have 12 vdc (that's the power wire), the other wire should have < 200 mv. If you see 12 VDC on the power wire and 0 volts on the ground; replace the sensor.

Hey thanks Mkov608! Much appreciated. I'll take a look. What's really strange is "E Temp" doesn't even appear on my menu, only "L Temp" which does seem to read high, ie 85 degrees, versus actual which is probably 65. I'll see if there is even a E temp sensor present.

Weird. Did you recently replace the MPEM? I put an '05 MEPM in one of my "02 skis and all of the sudden the ski thought it had a depth finder. So, i always had a code for the dept finder. But hey! At least the engine would run again.

Last edited:
Weird. Did you recently replace the MPEM? I put an '05 MEPM in one of my "02 skis and all of the sudden the ski thought it had a depth finder. So, i always had a code for the dept finder. But hey! At least the engine would run again.
No, but new ski to me. I'll check it out and will let you know if interested. Thx again!

E temp won't show up if the sensor is not working or unplugged. Replace your sensor in the hood.
So, i always had a code for the dept finder. But hey! At least the engine would run again.
You can turn the depth finder off in BUDS. While the ECU does most of the engine controlling, the mpem does some secondary functions like fuel level, depth finder, etc.

Back