2002 X 20 question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome man, thanks for the feedback! I was able to spray my back deck vinyl (since the vinyl was installed with a zipper around edge) with 77M multi purpose adhesive. It seems pretty tight now so we will see how it does once on water. Def interested in the cobra fins. Care to share a picture? I haven't taken ours out enough to know yet but I can see how the handling when off isn't the most desirable.

Does yours have one battery or two? I need some advice on which to have the knob turned to when running up and down the river and then just when the engine is off listening to radio. My CD player is connected to a couple amps and ran to multiple speakers. I've had some battery issues the one time we took it out last year though. I had it turned to both and my battery's went dead after a few hours. I was told something like I need to leave it on 1 always and only use 2 when my engine is off and then only use both when I absolutely have to in instances when my battery is low or something to that effect. Anyways thanks for the feedback!! Much appreciated

I am going to try the spray adhesive too. That's a great idea, and there is no reason why it should not work.

We have a two battery setup, but we have the original switch. Some seemed to have 1 batt / 2 batt / off switch. Ours is on/off. I had the stereo shop install a battery isolator and second battery tray. The cranking battery is now isolated from a deep cycle battery. Both batteries are off when in the off position, both are on in the on position.

The charging system of the engine will put juice to both batteries, but will only drain from the cranking battery. The stereo equipment will only drain from the deep cycle. It's a great setup, and from what I can tell it is done right.

I also have a swtich inside the glove box near the head unit. It allows me to cut power to the Alpine marine amp and head unit as well. This is a nice precaution in case of water intrusion, or I don't care to drain the battery down by accident. The depth finder is wired to the fuse block and on a circuit with the engine, so it will run anytime the engine can run.

I also put VeVe guides and pads on the trailer. It's amazing how it helps load this boat in cross waves. My wife thanked me for them as she drives the boat while I back the recovery vehicle. (it's the lesser of two evils)

This link shows the guide install and the hydro-turf install
http://biffdotorg.blogspot.com/2011_05_01_archive.html

This link shows the install of the depth finder
http://biffdotorg.blogspot.com/2011_06_01_archive.html

I had pics of the Cobra fins, but can't seem to find them. They mount right to the jet nozzle. You may be able to do a search on here and find them.Unit_and_hardware.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back