2002 Seadoo GTX DI - RAVE Valve

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gareit13

Brand new rebuilt engine 2002 Seadoo GTX DI, but question about the RAVE valves. From my understanding, the valves stay closed until higher rpms that's when they open up, and close being all the way to the cylinder, and open being all the way in the cap. At idle, mine are all the way up and about impossible to even push in, much less do I think the spring would keep them shut. How do I go about checking the rave valve solenoid, because shouldn't the air that is escaping from the RAVE valve, be enough to allow the spring to push it down? Thanks! Correct me if im not understanding how they work too.

Brand new rebuilt engine 2002 Seadoo GTX DI, but question about the RAVE valves. From my understanding, the valves stay closed until higher rpms that's when they open up, and close being all the way to the cylinder, and open being all the way in the cap. At idle, mine are all the way up and about impossible to even push in, much less do I think the spring would keep them shut. How do I go about checking the rave valve solenoid, because shouldn't the air that is escaping from the RAVE valve, be enough to allow the spring to push it down? Thanks! Correct me if im not understanding how they work too.
I believe you are correct about their operating method but I am not positive. Do you hear the RAVE valves cycle at shutdown? On my 2000 DI you can hear them cycle after shutoff. Perhaps the RAVE solenoid is bad.

I can hear the clicks and then the pressure is released and they are then able to go down. My question is though. I thought they open later at the higher rpms which would be controlled by the solenoid and the air compressor. So my RAVE should be in the down position, but without spring should be at least easier to push down on them like the spring would correct?

This page from my 2000 Service Manual may help troubleshooting. Check to make sure your 2002 shows the same.

Attachments

• RAVE.pdf
    196.7 KB · Views: 25
Yeah mines the same way, Im guessing im verifying if they should be up when idle and down when at full throttle. I just swapped a solenoid, from a different ski onto it and it does not do it so im gonna guess bad solenoid. Weird thing is, I put it on another one, and that one runs just fine to now. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back