2002 seadoo gtx di problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roller250

Hi everyone! New to the forum and would like to say thanks for having me. I have a 2002 seadoo gtx di with 137hrs on it and rebuilt at 120hrs. Last season I was riding along and it acted like it was running out of gas and then died. Was able to get it to fire back up but maintenance was flashing and in limp mode. It was end of season so I just winterized and put away. This season I purchased a candoo pro so I could scan for faults. Had never been done so lots to see but all old. I cleared all faults and ran again but no active or occurred faults. I then tested fuel pressure and first time was perfect. 27 psi when I installed teather and 107 psi running. Relieved pressure and tested again. This time I got 60 psi when teather was installed and very irratic needle on guage while running jumping between 100 and 120 psi. Replaced fuel pump and all filters and first test again was perfect. 27 psi put on and 107 running but still flashing maintenance and in limp mode. Every test after barrack to 60 psi put on and 107 running. I'm leaning towards the fuel pressure regulator but not sure. I'm not an expert but wouldn't both pressures be off if regulator was bad? Thanks in advance for any advice or help you may be able to give in this matter!

If you are getting a flashing MAINT light you should be able to pull a code from the CanDoo.

27/107 are the correct numbers for fuel pressure. 60 with the key in does not sound right, unless there is remaining pressure from just shutting down. Which fuel pump did you go with?

I went with the quantum pump that everyone on here seemed to recommend. As far as the flashing maintenance that's kinda what I thought. I talked with the guy at candoo and he said you can get it with the fuel and air systems and not get a code cause there aren't any sensors to monitor the pressures. So I went ahead and did the fuel pressure test before and after new pump and now I'm just kinda at a loss. I've been through the service manual pretty thoroughly and just really don't know what to look at next. I thought for sure the candoo was going to pinpoint my problem and get me back on the water . I really don't like or want to just start replacing things in hopes it's the right one. I appreciate your reply. I'm going to scan it again when I get home and see if anything has changed.

Ok so I just got home and scanned the ski again. I'm now getting a po335 wrong pattern sensed on encoder. I've been looking in the manual but haven't come across the encoder. Am I wrong in assuming it's in the magneto and flywheel area?

Ok so I just got home and scanned the ski again. I'm now getting a po335 wrong pattern sensed on encoder. I've been looking in the manual but haven't come across the encoder. Am I wrong in assuming it's in the magneto and flywheel area?
I've had that code appear a couple times and it went away - believe it was battery/voltage related. DI's are very sensitive to voltage. Are you familiar with how to read CanDoo codes, even if not "active"? It is a bit tricky but you should be able to see when the recent code(s) were triggered.

I've had that code appear a couple times and it went away - believe it was battery/voltage related. DI's are very sensitive to voltage. Are you familiar with how to read CanDoo codes, even if not "active"? It is a bit tricky but you should be able to see when the recent code(s) were triggered.
Yes I'm pretty certain I'm reading everything properly. I had a long phone conversation with the guy at candoo to make sure I was doing everything right and understanding what I'm seeing. He's extremely helpful and very nice to deal with. I replace rectifier last year when this first happened now that I think of it cause I wasn't getting charge will running. The guages on the candoo and the monitor feature both show me getting between 13.6 and 13.8 volts while running. The only other code that showed was the diagnostic cap removed one which happens every time.

I went with the quantum pump that everyone on here seemed to recommend. As far as the flashing maintenance that's kinda what I thought. I talked with the guy at candoo and he said you can get it with the fuel and air systems and not get a code cause there aren't any sensors to monitor the pressures. So I went ahead and did the fuel pressure test before and after new pump and now I'm just kinda at a loss. I've been through the service manual pretty thoroughly and just really don't know what to look at next. I thought for sure the candoo was going to pinpoint my problem and get me back on the water . I really don't like or want to just start replacing things in hopes it's the right one. I appreciate your reply. I'm going to scan it again when I get home and see if anything has changed.

I here ya those aftermarket fuel pump cause a serious draw and must have a19 amph batteries or bigger, and never charged over 2 amps or wil take out rectifier,my pressure is 107 and drops to 90 and won’t take no fuel, but idle and take off, wai on new pump Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back