2002 rx di

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought this seadoo a 2002 rx di out of seattle it has 194 hours on it. ive been out on it a couple times and everything was fine. Today I took it out on the lake last night and when I was giving it gas for a long period of time full out it started beeping saying HI -temp. so I stopped shut it down and gave it some time. It did this a couple times so I put it away for the night. Today I took it for a ride about 30 minutes into the trip the engine just simply cut out. I started it again, it started up fine no issues. But there was a knocking sound coming from the engine. So I drove slow towards shore. and shut it down. On shore I took the seat off and fired it up again and the knocking was loud and constant. I know there is issues with the Direct injection units on these machines but I am brand new to the seadoo world and Just wondering if you guys have any clue what it could be or what it is. Thanks

Use a wood block to the engine and your ear, it may be a rod or counterbalance shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back