2002 Islandia 240 EFI continuous long beep

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dwidder

First time boat owner and first post. I purchased a 2002 Seadoo Islandia with a 240 in March. I've only been able to take it out a few times. First two times, no issues. Third time, went about five miles (quite a bit of chop) and stopped in a cove for lunch. Started her up and within 10-15 seconds got a continuous long beep that would not stop unless I shut her down. After shutting down, I tried putting it in accessory only (engine not started) and the alarm would start sounding within 10-15 seconds and continue until I turned the key to "off." So, alarm would sound with engine off as well. I checked the oil reservoir and it was at about half, so I topped it off. I turned the on-engine oil reservoir, it was also full. Tried ruling out the battery, low battery light was not on and pushing the "low battery" button did not silence the alarm.

When I purchased the boat, it had a full tank of gas, filled from the week prior and had marine sta-bil in it. The only thing I noticed on some other threads was there were some other models that sounded a continuous low fuel alarm if the system thought the tank was empty (like a stuck float?). I do not have a low fuel button on my dash. It has a working gauge and low fuel light was not on. The fuel tank is at a little less than half tank.

I'm somewhat mechanically inclined. What should I be looking at next to try to narrow this down?

Like you mentioned, on my boat... the continuous beep at key-on is when my gas tank is very low. Took me some time to figure it out. To test this on your boat... confirm the beep is happening. Turn key off. Open hatch to engine. Find wires coming off top of fuel tank (3 pink wires?) for fuel sender and disconnect the connector. Turn key to on... if no beep... that's your culprit.

Cheers!

my 2000 has the low fuel alarm, but it also has a switch to cancel it in the dash. Try the bottom right switch.

my 2000 has the low fuel alarm, but it also has a switch to cancel it in the dash. Try the bottom right switch.
My 2002 does not have a switch to cancel the alarm on the dash, unfortunately. I saw that on another thread and thought that would have been an included design feature for such an alarm. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Like you mentioned, on my boat... the continuous beep at key-on is when my gas tank is very low. Took me some time to figure it out. To test this on your boat... confirm the beep is happening. Turn key off. Open hatch to engine. Find wires coming off top of fuel tank (3 pink wires?) for fuel sender and disconnect the connector. Turn key to on... if no beep... that's your culprit.

Cheers!
Thank you for the quick response. It literally rained for a week straight and I finally got out to check this today. This was the culprit. Disconnected the sending unit, turned key on (no start) and alarm is not sounding. Working on getting the sending unit out to check that it has its components and the float isn't stuck somewhere.

From my understanding it shouldn't be the fuel, Low fuel should cause a three (3) Beep but dose not disable boat. Sounds like your oil tank that is mounted on the motor. a bad Oil sensor or stuck oil sending unit will cause that. Very easy to replace and Pretty Cheap. Don't forget, if you open the oil tank on Motor side to blead the air out before closing or you will never have pressure build up. Also check to make sure if you added oil recently that all covers are on tight. if you get air in system it will cause that annoying beep sound.

Last edited:
From my understanding it shouldn't be the fuel, Low fuel should cause a three (3) Beep but dose not disable boat. Sounds like your oil tank that is mounted on the motor. a bad Oil sensor or stuck oil sending unit will cause that. Very easy to replace and Pretty Cheap. Don't forget, if you open the oil tank on Motor side to blead the air out before closing or you will never have pressure build up. Also check to make sure if you added oil recently that all covers are on tight. if you get air in system it will cause that annoying beep sound.
On my 240 (gen1)... the multi-beeps are the low oil. The solid-beep at key-on is the low fuel. My solid-beep started around 5 gallons remaining in take (pretty low). I was able to disconnect the fuel sender wires connector (pink wires on my boat) and the solid-beep ceased. I also shortly thereafter ran out of fuel on the lake... haha... new-to-me-boat.... still learning it.

Cheers!

On my 240 (gen1)... the multi-beeps are the low oil. The solid-beep at key-on is the low fuel. My solid-beep started around 5 gallons remaining in take (pretty low). I was able to disconnect the fuel sender wires connector (pink wires on my boat) and the solid-beep ceased. I also shortly thereafter ran out of fuel on the lake... haha... new-to-me-boat.... still learning it.

Cheers!
wow -- I wish ours did not go off until 5 gallons.take a hard turn with a half tank and ours screams at you like an angry child. But all you have to do is tap the switch on the dash for it... and it stops' no need to clip the wires.

wow, my boat is not like that. Low fuel 3 short beep that can be canceled from dash. Low oil is one long continuous beep and limp mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back