2002 GTX RFI steering cable replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bplong67

New to this forum, so bear with me if this has been discussed already elsewhere. Could use some experienced wisdom here. I just purchased 2 machines, both 2002 GTX RFI from my uncle. They are in supremely good condition with only 120 hours on each. Got them for a steal at $4250 with a brand new double trailer included. Verified they ran and have good compression. I took them as is. Both machines have frozen steering cables . I knew this at the time of purchase. What I did not know was what a nightmare it would be trying to find the right cable to replace them.

I ordered the part number every single website says for this model (277001323) and the cable came ~81" long...About 7" shorter than the ~88" cable I took out. Huh? I verified the part number with the seadoo dealer and he concurred saying there are a total of 3 part numbers listed for the machine (2 have been superseded by 277001323). Orginal P/N was 277001009 and was superseded by 21000842 and then to the newest version being sold, 277001323. The dealer and everyone online want to sell the 1323 version, an 81" cable, but this is clearly way too short for my machines. Does anyone know why this may be? Is there a different cable I should be using? I am now resorting to trying to find old steering cable take-offs from actual 2001-2002 GTX RFI's on eBay that have the 277001009 P/N on them, but I sure would like to buy new cables in the proper length. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back