2002 GTX Engine Coolant

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

johna56

I picked up an '02 GTX to go with the '01 xp. While prepping machine to go into the water on Sunday, I noticed the coolant level was low. My son ran to the dealer, told them the year and make of the machine and asked for coolant. They gave him "Pure Oceans propylene glycol antifreeze". There are a number of places on the bottle that say "this is not an engine coolant" and "this product is intended for winterizing". Is anyone familiar with this product? Did the part guy give us the wrong stuff? Can anyone tell me what rand they use and where they get it? Motorsports shops are closed Sundays and I'd like to get it out for a test run. Is there anyything I can pick up at a chain auto place like Advance Auto or Walmart? Thank for your help. -john

I picked up an '02 GTX to go with the '01 xp. While prepping machine to go into the water on Sunday, I noticed the coolant level was low. My son ran to the dealer, told them the year and make of the machine and asked for coolant. They gave him "Pure Oceans propylene glycol antifreeze". There are a number of places on the bottle that say "this is not an engine coolant" and "this product is intended for winterizing". Is anyone familiar with this product? Did the part guy give us the wrong stuff? Can anyone tell me what rand they use and where they get it? Motorsports shops are closed Sundays and I'd like to get it out for a test run. Is there anyything I can pick up at a chain auto place like Advance Auto or Walmart? Thank for your help. -john

Sounds like you answered your own question with the part where "this product is not an engine coolant. This product is intended for winterizing." You can always pick up "green" coolant 50/50 mix from your local auto parts store and flush out the system. Refill the system with it and you're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back