2002 gti question.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpoist28

Hello, not really sure where to post this but, I have recently purchased my first ski, owned some boats but never a ski. I bought a 2002 gti le, it has about 250 hours on it and engine replaced roughly around 200 hours. Engine and inside looks great, no rust and no noticable problems. Seats are worn and sun faded and definitely need new traction mats. But I'm not to concerned about that. Now I live near alot of water and most of the guys at work have skis and boats. They are all telling me I made a mistake buying a 2002 ski and a 2-stroke and that its gonna break down and be a endless money pit. Now I've been getting nervous. Did I make a bad purchase? Do these have a decent life span? I know nothing but the basics when it comes to skis. I did purchase from a dealer that only sells and works on sea-doo skis so the ski was fully inspected by a certified seadoo mechanic.

Well, you came to the right place.

I have a 2003 GTI as the wife’s ski and it’s bulletproof. They aren’t the fastest at 45mph but they ride great and are still fun.

Just feed it only API-TC rated oil and fresh 87 octane gas and they will go for years.

Although I have other faster and better handling skis in my stable my wife only wants the GTI even though we have 5 other skis.

Well, you came to the right place.

I have a 2003 GTI as the wife’s ski and it’s bulletproof. They aren’t the fastest at 45mph but they ride great and are still fun.

Just feed it only API-TC rated oil and fresh 87 octane gas and they will go for years.

Although I have other faster and better handling skis in my stable my wife only wants the GTI even though we have 5 other skis.

Awesome! Thanks for the tips! Definitely makes me feel a bit better

The 717 engine in that ski is probably the most reliable two stroke that Sea Doo ever made... Like Miki said, feed it the right oil and do your regular maintenance and it’ll run for a long long time...

My GTI LE 2003 still rocks on a 215 hours engine replaced in 2015. Very reliable. Not the most powerful. Treat it well and it will work a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back