2002 Challenger 2000 front fuse panel question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordKurgun

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hi All. I recently purchased a 2002 Challenger 2000, Has a lot of issues but all seem repairable.
My current issue is the fuse panel in front of the steering wheel. The B side has power but the A side doesn’t. This is kind of a 2-part question sorry.
1. I’m wondering if one of the past owners moved around the wires. All the power wires are on side B. If someone has time could they look to see what wire go where? All my wires have a wire number (IE W83, W44 ect.) and all the connections on the box are numbered 1 – 16. Or a good picture work as most of the wires have a good color code.
2. If the wires are connected correctly, the wiring diagram indicates that it’s just a fancy fuse box but I saw a post that said it has some sort of circuitry for the gauges in it. I don’t see how that is possible because there is not a negative wire attached to it anywhere and a circuit board needs one, but who knows. And if its defective its easier and less expensive just to replace it with 2 marine type fuse panels.
The fuse panel is P/N 204-470-597

Thank You, Mike,

Attachments

• 20190521_092813.jpg
    20190521_092813.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 74
I believe the 2 solid orange wires are the power; looks they’re both on the same row..I’d buy a 3 dollar test light to be 100% sure...when I added accessories, I added an extra fuse block 8 circuit, and a terminal block for the negative(s) all in all $25 bux on Amazon

I've Identified all the wires and they all work as the should though some could defiantly use new connectors. The 3 power wires are powering terminals they are attached to, just not seeming to connect to the other terminals they are supposed to power. Unfortunately I can't find a in depth schematic of the fuse block, just have a wiring diagram. The 3 solid red wires are the power.

Last edited:
Update: Removed fuse box cleaned the it, checked the terminals with an Ohm meter and found the prior owner moved one of the power supply wired to a terminal on the B side. Put the box back in with all wires in the correct spot and Now all the electrical system works.

Hi would you happen to have a picture od your fuse box wiring? Im currently trying to figure mine out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back