2002 185 Utopia Kill switch question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi There,

This may be silly but I tried searching the forum for a clear answer and didn't see one.

My kill switch plastic nut and washer that holds the kill switch probe/contact on my dashboard is broken. I have two questions:
1. can I somehow bypass this instead of trying to glue it back on, pull the probe through and glue in place?
2. If someone recommends gluing it back together is there any risk if I get glue on the probe/contact piece that it won't work?

I tried a quick fix with some epoxy and the probe piece just got pushed back in behind the plastic the first time I tried it. I didn't want to get glue on the front part so I just used a small about behind the plastic but that obviously didn't secure it well enough. Just looking for a tip here?

thanks

Here is what I found on the part number-CPI D1022-502 Lanyard Switch Waterproof BRP Sea-doo Part# 278000002
here is the ebay link to buy one although I am still searching for cheaper... -https://www.ebay.com/itm/CPI-D1022-502-Lanyard-Switch-Waterproof-BRP-Sea-doo-Part-278000002-/253744195464

Here is what I did to disconnect it for anyone that hasn't done it before.
1. I made sure my battery was switched off
2. I took out the drivers cup holder on the dash located above and to the left of the switch.
3. Got a flash light, reached into console and disconnected the wiring harness clip
4. With one hand on the inside and one on the outside holding the switch post, unscrewed the remaining broken plastic bit and pulled the switch out completely.
5. now off to find the cheapest replacement.

thanks everyone

Also noted from the Seadoo web site is another part number I show as 204470463 which is the switch and wire with no harness or female connector. It appears you cannot buy it direct from seadoo but I'll update with what I find.

Ok one last update, the new part number redirects to 204470867 when going into the seadoo ordering rabbit hole.

hope this helps.

Also it is probably worth noting that you can salvage the harness, clip and even the original switch lanyard if undamaged. You pry up the metal tabs holding the switch in the housing, lift the bottom of the toggle, then press out the rubber coated switch. Yes that means you bought the whole harness only to use the housing and toggle but unless you want to re-wire and shrink seal your new connection, this is easy and quick.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back