2001 seadoo gti

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fahdi07

Hey guys, I’m new to this forum. I recently had bought a 2001 seadoo gti. I took it out a few times, it was ridding perfect. Up until 4 days ago I was riding and I started to notice I wasn’t moving as fast. My jet ski slowed down a lot. Then it started to surge it would go fast then Slow down then fast and kept on doing that. Then it ended up dying on me and it wouldn’t start. I got the jet ski home, changed the spark plugs wouldn’t start either then I took I sprayed some carb cleaner in carbs and then it eventually started. Took the jet ski out again rides fine for the first 10 mins then it will start to surge. If I keep on holding the throttle down eventually it will shut off but now it starts right back and it will idle all day long and not turn off . Only when i am giving it full throttle. Also when I give it full throttle out of water it back fires. What could be the issues here? Carbs or fuel pump? Checked compression too 145/145 in both cylinder. Any little help would be appreciated

Don’t keep running it or you will damage the engine.

From your symptoms the first thing we would have you do is rebuild the carb and fuel system. Even if it’s not the exact cause it really needs to be done every 5ish years.

I bought the jet ski like couple months ago the guy told me the carbs got rebuilt last summer. All fuel lines are green. I was thinking maybe the float bowl is low in the carb. Was thinking about just putting a brand new carb in

No float or float bowl on these. The rebuild won’t work if he didn’t use the expensive genuine Mikuni parts.

The jet ski ran perfect for a few times that I took it so is it possible that more air to fuel ratio?

Sounds good. Instead of rebuilding the carbs I’m going to just buy brand new Mikuni carb and put that in.

So I bought the carb, should be here in 2 days and bought a gasket because it didn’t come with it. So what would I have to do for tuning the carb wise? I called local shops in Connecticut. They said they don’t work on 2 strokes anymore.

Just verify it has the correct jetting, pop off spring and set the screws to factory spec. A stock Seadoo will run perfectly on stock settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back