2001 GTX RFI First Run

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoSoAir

I took my new to me 2001 GTX RFI out last Saturday for the first time since I bought it. Stretched it's legs and put it through some paces, had some fun. I did notice a few issues that maybe some of you on here can help me with....

1) The speedometer doesn't work. Now, it will on occasion bump up to 10 MPH and hold there for a moment, but it never goes above 10, then flatline back to 0. The digital speedometer (which I'm assuming is tied together with the analog speedometer) also doesn't read anything.

2) Please see the picture below. Does this look like a normal amount of water intrusion for a simple 1.5 hours on the lake, not really doing any crazy stuff?

3) Out of the water, the RPM sits around 1500 as it should. In the water, it's a little hard to get started. The motor will turn over, but sometimes I need to give it a little "razzle dazzle" on the throttle to get it going. Is this just the way it is for a machine of its age?

4) At idle, the RPM on the water will slowly go down. On the water it will idle around 900-1100. If it let it sit and watch, it will slowly creep down to around 800 RPM. At that point I give it a little throttle to bring it back up. Is this normal?

Thanks

image0.jpegimage1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back